Look. I’m not kidding. I think this could be the best marketing job in the world.
I mean, where else would you get the chance to take a small but perfectly formed, totally funded Aussie startup with an innovative, undersold product and evolve its brand, take it to new users and encourage clients to come on board?
Well, probably a lot of places, but none of those places would be BindiMaps, which has, without much marketing at all, become the number one indoor wayfinding and navigation service in Australia for people who are vision impaired.
But wait. That’s not the good bit. Well it is the good bit, but there is a better bit. We’ve discovered some new and amazing things about how to navigate people in complicated indoor places. Places where GPS doesn’t work, and where existing wayfinding is a complete mish-mash of signs nobody reads, in-house apps that don’t work very well, touch-screen kiosks that are too complicated, and customer service staff who are lovely, don’t get me wrong, but who would rather not tell 200 people a day where the nearest bathroom is.
So not only is this job about helping the community gain more of the experience, talents and expertise of people who are blind or vision impaired, by making sure they can easily and independently find their way around in complicated public spaces.
It’s also about revolutionising indoor navigation for everyone.
This job is about really putting BindiMaps on the map. It’s about showing us the way forward to grow our user base, plotting a path to increasing the number of locations we’re servicing worldwide, and taking us on a journey to build our brand and let the world know what we stand for.
And this is our first marketing hire, so you have a clean slate, and the opportunity to help us build a great marketing team in the future.
So yes. Probably the best marketing job in the world.
Our team is based in Sydney and Melbourne, but we’d be open to people based in other places in Australia too. We offer flexible working hours, plus remote working if that is your preference.
If you want to get specific, these are some of your likely typical tasks:
- Building and owning our user growth strategy
- Working with the broader team to implement the strategy to get our app out to more users, and to encourage them to use it more
- Working with our clients and others on events and demonstrations to showcase our app in action
- Social and digital campaign growth and management
- Working with the product and sales team to develop analytics and other data and using that to improve our offering for clients and users
- Working on communications such as public relations and our monthly newsletter
- Creativity and the passion to create something new and exciting
- A preference for working closely in a team, with the focus on the best outcome for our users and clients
- A passion for creating world class marketing campaigns that build brands and drive growth
- A willingness to work hands on in a small team to get stuff done.
It would be great if you also have:
- Event planning and management experience
- The ability to work at a local level, for local shopping centres for example, as well as at the national level, for national campaigns.
- A team-player. Teamwork is everything when it comes to building a business
- Someone who is excited by working in an ever-changing environment
- A creative problem-solver who enjoys making big things with small resources
- Organised and passionate about getting stuff done.